Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Friday At Lacma


I had a great time at LACMA. It is a big museum. There are a lot of interesting stuffs. It has many galleries from many different countries and cultures. 



I liked this paintings. It is like one of my culture's hero. When I was young, my teacher usually told me in class. The tale praised a hero who fought against enemies from another country to protect people. After he won the battle, he flied to the sky with a white horse. This tale inspired me a lot since everybody neither young or old, neither strong or weak, he still has the love for his own country and his culture. He loves where he was born and the way the place shaped his life .

Then I randomly took some pictures with Picasso's painting. I liked this Japanese Art style. They draw it on 12 pieces of pottery. It describes 12 months in Lunar Calendar.
12 months with many different views of landscape. Still only one country but its different beauty make it special. 12 months with its own special trees, flowers, and animals. The peace of surrounding makes people feel the love of nature and find their own peace inside. 
And the last one I think there is a relation to me is South Asian Art. There is a gallery about Buddha. As I was born in a Buddhist family, I love my religion. I like to look at some ancient artwork about my religion. I have read many books about Buddha and His life, how he established his religion. However, I have not got a chance to look at those real pottery Buddha images before. Like other religions, I have my own religious belief. Every single religion tries to teach their believers good things, how to behave and have a joyful life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment